Would you like to enter a team into Bath’s inaugural Adult Boccia League??
Launched in partnership with BANES council, this new, exciting league will bring together adults from multiple day services to take part in fun, formalised competition!* Beginners and all abilities welcome!
Boccia is a Paralympic sport for people with physical and learning disabilities. It is a target sport, similar to bowls, but played indoors and with leather balls. Everyone plays seated so it is suitable for wheelchair and non-wheelchair users.
- Season = November 2018 - June 2019
- 4 individual tournaments across the season
- Points collected at each tournament go towards a league table
Dates (10:45 - 13:45):
Tuesday 20th Nov 2018
Tuesday 26th Feb 2019
Tuesday 23rd April 2019
June 2019 date TBC.
The best things!:
- Every team will receive a free competition t-shirt!
- You can enter as many tournaments as you like!
- Winners of each tournament will receive medals and there will be a trophy for the overall league champions
- The league focuses on fun and being social with other teams, as well as competition. Tea and coffee will be provided!
- It only costs £10 per team per tournament
A team is made up of 3-6 individuals. You can enter 1 or more teams! There is a limit on the number of teams who can take part in each tournament and places will be given on a first come, first served basis.
*Please note this is a development boccia league. Rules will be released before the first tournament however feedback will be continually collected throughout the season to ensure the league is set up to best serve those in Bath and surrounding areas.
How to sign up:
Entering simply requires an email or phonecall expressing your initial interest as an organisation. The earlier the better!
The deadline for the booking form (see link below) to confirm your participation is Thursday 30th August.
Any questions give Jenny Rutter a call (07880 743453) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org)